CERTIFIED BY THE U.S. CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION AS C-TPAT TIER II
- Purchasing Michelin site
- Change site
U.S. CUSTOMS BORDER PROTECTION PROGRAM
Michelin is proud to be certified by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) as C-TPAT Tier II.This certification recognizes our company's commitment to maintaining the highest level of security for the well-being of our facilities and the United States.
Established as a direct result of 9/11, the U.S. Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) is a program created by Customs and Border Protection that safeguards global trade industry from terrorists while maintaining the economic health of North America. This customs-trade partnership allows certified companies expedited processing across the border and enables U.S. Customs and Border Protection to allocate inspection resources to more questionable cargo.
Michelin depends on the timely delivery of products from around the world and maintaining our C-TPAT certification enables us to remain competitive.
To better understand this program and disseminate best practices for supply chain security, please use the resources below.
- Introduction to C-TPAT
- C-TPAT Video
- C-TPAT Brochure: Meeting the Supply Chain Security Challenges of a 21st Century Economy
- Introductory Letter to Accompany Michelin Self-Assessment Questionnaire
- Michelin Self-Assessment Questionnaire
- Five Step Risk Assessment Guide
- C-TPAT Minimum Security Criteria
- Importer Minimum Security Criteria
- Excerpt of C-TPAT language included in all contracts
- 17-Point Inspection Checklist
- 7-Point Inspection
- Recommended Seal Procedures
- Sample Seal Log
- Discrepancy Log
- Tracking Logs: Inbound and Outbound
- Driver Log
- CTPAT Securitas Officers Anti-Terrorism Standards
- Spotting Potential Terrorist Activity
- Suspicious Packages
- Suspicious Vehicles
- Vigilance is Key to Fighting Terrorism
- Potential Indicators of Suspicious Cargo
- US Postal Service Poster: Suspicious Mail or Package
- Poster: Reporting Suspicious Activity